Thursday, January 04, 2007

Second Annual Christmas Performance Review

The bad news about reaching my first blogiversary is that now the calendar turns over and I hit many of the same occasions again – that is, many of the same occasions I wrote about the first time around. So the next challenge: should I attempt to write about all the same things, but try to do it better (or risk doing it worse – or perhaps more painfully, end up repeating myself)?

Right after Christmas 2005, I wrote a piece about my expectations for (and subsequent frustrations with) the Christmas season. I also included my plans for doing it better “next time”.

Well, we’ve just passed through next time, so I thought it would be worthwhile to review last year’s piece and see if anything’s changed.

I guess the good news is that I don’t have to write a “Christmas piece” this year, because I already said it all the first time. I find that basically everything I wrote last year still applies… oh, wait; the kids are now 7 and 4. Everything else still holds true. I’m going to choose to view that as a validation of the Universal Truth of my writing, rather than an illustration of my Complete Inability to Change.

Note that this post is really also in keeping with the fine holiday-season tradition of repeat programming – or if you prefer, “classic episodes”. So in lieu of any original thoughts, please enjoy an encore of Christmas 2005!

No comments:

Post a Comment